Generate multiple reports from stata

Hello,

I have done a rather big survey with 12 000 respondents. I need to create around 50 reports on sub divisions of the data. I would like to find a way to generate these report automatically in Stata. There will be quite simple statistics with some descriptive statistics and a few graphs. The sub divisions are numbered in a variable and the ideal would be to split on this in some way. Is there an easy way to do this in Stata?

//Erik

Well if you mean to do a few simple statistic reports of a few variables within different groups i.e gender;age groups;education groups;etc.
then yes it should be quite simple to use forv loops.
You can either loop over a value of a variable or as I often do create consecutive variables i.e var1 var2 etc., each representing a different interest group and loop over the number in the variable name.

To export these results matrices are simple and are easily transfered to excel.

If this is what you mean I can write a few simple examples of this.

If I would like to do more advanced reports, where would I start looking? I need to find a way to make the reports graphically ok looking. Measures are some descriptive statistics and correlation.

//Erik

Well if you mean to do a few simple statistic reports of a few variables within different groups i.e gender;age groups;education groups;etc.
then yes it should be quite simple to use forv loops.
You can either loop over a value of a variable or as I often do create consecutive variables i.e var1 var2 etc., each representing a different interest group and loop over the number in the variable name.

To export these results matrices are simple and are easily transfered to excel.

If this is what you mean I can write a few simple examples of this.

If I would like to do more advanced reports, where would I start looking? I need to find a way to make the reports graphically ok looking. Measures are some descriptive statistics and correlation.

//Erik
Descriptive statistics and correlation is a pretty wide area. Maybe a few specific things of what you are after would help us be able to give some suggestion code.

Descriptive statistics and correlation is a pretty wide area. Maybe a few specific things of what you are after would help us be able to give some suggestion code.
Ok, I will be more specific. Say that you want to do some simple statistics with a mean and number of respondents N on a few questions. The split file could for example be a division variable.

Ok, I will be more specific. Say that you want to do some simple statistics with a mean and number of respondents N on a few questions. The split file could for example be a division variable.
Im not sure I understan exactly what you need, what do you mean by split file?