Help needed with SPSS!

I have a datafile with 160 respondents. All respondents have 15x a rating and 15x a match or a mismatch. So rating 1 is linked to match/mismatch 1, rating 2 linked to match/mismatch 2 etc. First question: how do I actually link those variables in SPSS?

Second question: Now I want to know what’s the difference in rating between those who have matches en those who have mismatches. I think about doing an independent T-test, but that means I should do a T-test 15 times. Is there an analysis where I can compare 15 ratings and 15 match or mismatches from all my 160 respondents?

Karabiner

TS Contributor
I have a datafile with 160 respondents. All respondents have 15x a rating and 15x a match or a mismatch. So rating 1 is linked to match/mismatch 1, rating 2 linked to match/mismatch 2 etc. First question: how do I actually link those variables in SPSS?
It might depend on what you mean by "link".

With kind regards

Karabiner

It might depend on what you mean by "link".

With kind regards

Karabiner
Hi! I don’t know if linking the variables is necessary for the analysis. I thought maybe it’s useful to link them; so instead of 30 variables per person (matchmismatch1, matchmismatch2, matchmismatch3 until matchmismatch15 and rating1, rating2, rating3 until rating15) I link the matchmismatches with the ratings and then have 15 variables?

But most important question in my second question above