Hi everyone

mdj

Hi

My name is Marinus and Im doing a postgraduate degree at Stellenbosch University (South Africa) in pollination biology. This looks like a great site! Lots of good information that is sometimes hard to find when youre using a new stats test. I think this site will be very helpful and I'll be checking the threads and probably posting more and more as the year progresses and I analyze more data;)

Cheers

trinker

ggplot2orBust
Hi mdj :welcome:

We're glad to have you aboard. What areas of statistics are you particularly interested in? What level of familiarity do you have with statistics (ie "I am just starting out.", "I've been around the block a few times.", "I'm the grandson of Karl Pearson.")?

I hope we provide you with great learning opportunities and that you in turn provide others with the same.

trinker

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I don't think it's possible. A quick search of wikipedia suggests Karl Pearson only had granddaughters.

Link

Ninja say what!?!
I don't think it's possible. A quick search of wikipedia suggests Karl Pearson only had granddaughters.
Perhaps their husbands then? OR great grandsons?

I wonder if they would be anywhere near the level that Pearson was at.

mdj

Hey thanks for the welcome!

Im definitely not Pearson's grandson, on either side. I've probably only been round the block once, but Im keen to start walking faster;) I'll mostly be using GLM's and repeated mesures in my research, as much of my data are correlated responses. Im also doing some molecular work, so will touch on Bayesian statistics as well.

Im sure I'll learn much from this site.
Cheers
mdj