How long could you survive chained to a bed with a Velociraptor?

SiBorg

Given all the talk of Raptors on this site, I thought that members might find the following link useful:

http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/velociraptor_bed

I have found that I could survive 44 seconds chained to a bunk bed with a velociraptor. However, the key thing to understand is that it may be possible to get further training (e.g. in wrestling or martial arts) and then retake the quiz to see whether survival could be improved.

In this way, it may be possible to train oneself to have a greater chance of survival if encountering a velociraptor in general, or being chained to a bunk bed with one in particular.

Enjoy!

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
It tells me I could survive for 1 minute and 4 seconds. But I know that a simple quiz like this is unlikely to produce accurate results. It's more based on how much the raptor wants to toy with you that dictates how long you would survive.

noetsi

No cake for spunky
I survived a minute 41 seconds. Of course like any trained data analyst I lied on every question... No strike that, I presented the data in the right context considering the prefered responses of my audience....

the real answer would depend on how heavily armed you were and (most critically) if the raptor was dead or alive.

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
woohoo! A minute and 44 seconds. Unlike that wannabe analyst, I told the truth! I just happen to be a desk jockey that knows how to whoop *** ;)

It claims that I would be able to survive for 1 minute and 25 seconds against a raptor. I think this is bunk because of the fact that raptors have been over done on television. In reality, these ferocious beasts were actually no bigger than a chicken. This means that it would barely be able to eat my foot before it would be full and no longer need to eat anything. Add to this the fact that its only real weapons are its one talon and sharp teeth. We could all easily kick the darn thing in the face and stomp on its head. I would honestly believe that almost any full sized adult would be able to survive a raptor attack. Contrary to the movie Jurassic Park, these animals were actually very small and wouldn't be nearly as intimidating as the movies make them out to be.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I think we found another raptor spy. Trying to convince us to take the raptor threat less seriously clearly means you just want to lower our defenses so you have an easier time eating humans. YOU WONT FOOL ME.