How to analyse data when subjects received both control and experimental condition?

Dear all,
I hope to get some suggestions on how to analyse the data from an experiment I recently ran. My question is whether a new treatment has a positive effect on some or all of 4 dependent variables.

80 subjects participated in one of two versions of our experiment:
pre-test > experimental treatment > post-test > control treatment > post-test (N = 40, randomly assigned)
pre-test > control treatment > post-test > experimental treatment > post-test (N = 40, randomly assigned).

In other words, for each subject, we have three values of 4 DV's, and I'm wondering what would be the best way to analyse this? Any suggestions are welcome!

Miner

TS Contributor
Re: How to analyse data when subjects received both control and experimental conditio

This sounds like a Repeated Measures design and could be analyzed as such using ANOVA. Did you consider carryover effects in your design?

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Re: How to analyse data when subjects received both control and experimental conditio

Is this a cross-over design? It looks like it. Also, were groupings based on randomization?