How to approach the statistical analysis of a quantitative observational study?

My project is exploring how mental health conditions (MHC) affect compassion fatigue (CF) development.

My participants are clinical therapists and have provided the following data:

There are 8 categories for MHCs (Anxiety, Depression, and 6 more) - they have provided a percentage of their own exposure to each for a total of a value of 100.

Self-reported intensity for each of the MHCs they are exposed to - they have rated this intensity on a 10 point scale.

Using an externally developed scale for CF development - I have gathered each participant's risk factor for CF development on a 5 point scale (extremely low, low, moderate, high, and extremely high).

I want to test if MHC exposure is related to an increased CF risk factor as well as intensity as a factor.

I am unfamiliar with how to approach this and would appreciate any insight.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
How large is you sample size?
I want to test if MHC exposure is related to an increased CF risk factor as well as intensity as a factor.
What is "intensity as a factor"? From your description, as variables you have 8 intensity measures and the "scale for CF development".
I am unfamiliar with how to approach this and would appreciate any insight.
What kind of project is it, and what does your supervisor contribute?

With kind regards

Karabiner

How large is you sample size?

What is "intensity as a factor"? From your description, as variables you have 8 intensity measures and the "scale for CF development".

What kind of project is it, and what does your supervisor contribute?

With kind regards

Karabiner
Sample size will be around 50 participants upon completion due to time limitations.

Regarding intensity, that was poor wording on my part. I was referring to testing if intensity also contributes to an increase in CF risk factor.

The CF scale is a questionnaire, developed by Charles R. Figley (1995), used to assess the level of risk of CF development (CF as a concept was coined by him and is the amalgamation of burnout syndrome and secondary traumatic stress).

This is a dissertation for my psychology BSc. I have run into adverse personal issues that have left me playing catch up well after my supervisor's allocated time for providing assistance. Hence turning to this forum.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Did you consider multiple linear regression? The dependent variable has only 5 levels, but maybe can be treated
as roughly interval scaled.

With kind regards

Karabiner