How to create .tar.gz file in Rstudio-Windows

I am trying to create an R package by using "Rstudio" for the first time ^_*. Actually, I wrote all the functions in several "R scripts" and the documentation by using roxygen2.

I loaded and built (Ctrl+Shift+B) and it works "DONE(packageName)", I used roxgen2::roxgenise() for documentation and all ".Rd files" have been created in "man" folder. Also, I checked the package (Ctrl+Shift+E) and I got "status: OK" and "R CMD check succeeded".

I mean everything is working well. My questions are - there is a folder "packageName.Rcheck" has been created, what is this folder? And is it important for creating the ".tar.gz" file?

Appreciate your help, thanks

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
In the Build tab go to More and choose "Build source package". I think that should do it. Really you just want to build the package - typically on Windows you get a .zip but I think that might just be for the binary packages? Is there a reason you want a .tar.gz specifically?

Thanks Dason for your reply,

Yes I need the the tar.gz file because I am planing to push the package to bitbucket for multi-users purpose.

I loaded and built the package many times by using (Ctrl+Shift+B) but did not find it in the work directory which I got by using getwd().

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Thanks Dason for your reply,

Yes I need the the tar.gz file because I am planing to push the package to bitbucket for multi-users purpose.

I loaded and built the package many times by using (Ctrl+Shift+B) but did not find it in the work directory which I got by using getwd().
If you're pushing to bitbucket it would make more sense to just push the source code I would think? I mean I guess have the package in a folder and the .tar.gz available isn't terrible but the tar isn't necessary to push to bitbucket.

To be honest, I do not have much experience in both creating packages and in using bitbucket "first grade ^_*

But I will try what you said then will let you know what happened with me. Just please what do you mean by the source code and how can I get it?

Kind regards,

Drmemo

Last edited: