How to do a Factor Mixture Model (R or Python)

Hello

The purpose of my study aims to stratify sensory phenotypes in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). I would like to identify subgroups based on sensory symptoms to understand the heterogeneity of sensory features.

To measure sensory symptoms, I use a 38 items parent-report questionnaire
Each item is rated on a 1-5 Likert scale. The closer you are to 1, the greater the severity.

I would like to use a Factor Mixture Model. My question is: there is someone who knows how to do a Factor Mixture Model using R or Python. I only find a script on Mplus but I haven't a Mplus Licence

Find below the article explaining what a factor mixture model is and in which I found a Mplus script :
Shaunna L. Clark, Bengt Muthén, Jaakko Kaprio, Brian M. D'Onofrio, Richard Viken & Richard J. Rose(2013)Models and Strategies for Factor Mixture Analysis: An Example Concerning the Structure Underlying Psychological Disorders,Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal,20:4,681-703,DOI: 10.1080/10705511.2013.824786

spunky

Can't make spagetti
Hello

The purpose of my study aims to stratify sensory phenotypes in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). I would like to identify subgroups based on sensory symptoms to understand the heterogeneity of sensory features.

To measure sensory symptoms, I use a 38 items parent-report questionnaire
Each item is rated on a 1-5 Likert scale. The closer you are to 1, the greater the severity.

I would like to use a Factor Mixture Model. My question is: there is someone who knows how to do a Factor Mixture Model using R or Python. I only find a script on Mplus but I haven't a Mplus Licence

Find below the article explaining what a factor mixture model is and in which I found a Mplus script :
Shaunna L. Clark, Bengt Muthén, Jaakko Kaprio, Brian M. D'Onofrio, Richard Viken & Richard J. Rose(2013)Models and Strategies for Factor Mixture Analysis: An Example Concerning the Structure Underlying Psychological Disorders,Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal,20:4,681-703,DOI: 10.1080/10705511.2013.824786
It seems like you should be able to run it using the OpenMX R package:

https://openmx.ssri.psu.edu/node/4391