How to do Interaction/Moderation in Logistic Regression?

Hi guys, I need some help with my research.

I want to research about the relationship between Corporate Governance (X1) (consists of many proxies, but are turned into a score, using factor analysis) which is a continuous IV and Financial distress (Y), which is categorical binary DV (1 is for financially distressed firms, 0 is otherwise) and use a third variable, which is Intellectual Capital Score (Z), a continuous variable as a moderation/interaction variable in order to know whether Intellectual Capital strengthen this relationship or not.

I am told to do a Logistic Regression, but I don't know how to do it if I want to add a moderation/interaction variable into it.

Also, should I include a preliminary test, such as normality test or goodness-of-fit test? If so, which test that I would require to run?

I'm using SPSS.

Thank you!

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Interaction terms are typically entered into the model as multiplicative interaction terms for the two variables, plus you keep their base terms in the model.

y-hat = X1 + Z + X1*Z

Interaction terms are typically entered into the model as multiplicative interaction terms for the two variables, plus you keep their base terms in the model.

y-hat = X1 + Z + X1*Z
So it is possible to run moderation/interactions in logistic regression? If it is possible, is there any specific tutorial or steps to do it that you would recommend to me?

As far as I know interaction is no different in logistic than linear regression. The interpretation would be different to some extent because it is in the context of the logit. I have not run across a tutorial for this (which I don't use often in honesty).

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Yeah as @noetsi mentioned - there really isn't anything addition to think about. Of note, you would no longer interpret the base terms, just the interaction term.

I would imagine there are countless tutorials on Youtube.

Yeah as @noetsi mentioned - there really isn't anything addition to think about. Of note, you would no longer interpret the base terms, just the interaction term.

Well only interpreting the interaction term is true of linear regression as well. You can generate simple effects for the main effects.

As far as I know interaction is no different in logistic than linear regression. The interpretation would be different to some extent because it is in the context of the logit. I have not run across a tutorial for this (which I don't use often in honesty).
Ohh I see. Thank you so much for the advice!

Yes, I think I'll try to explore some tutorials in Youtube, I wasn't sure about whether it is possible or not, but now I think its worth to try! Thank you!