How to move a SAS dataset with formats (stored in a sas7bcat library) to Stata ??

Hi,
How can I move a SAS dataset (all numeric variables) with formats (manually defined for 470 variables and saved within a SAS library file) to Stata ?? SAS Institute sent me this super-complex program called the "Autoformatter" and it just doesn't work. Even my trusty Stat/Transfer won't do it even after specifying the SAS library in its options section. HELP! Thanks!

Shel

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Guessing your already tried lots of things. Have you tried exporting it to Excel then into STATA?

No, it is too large for Excel and I do not want to keep moving these data around too much. I will need to do this often as I am a SAS data manager/programmer and our new statistical programmer works within Stata. Thanks!

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
I know what you mean about data being too big for excel. I have never imported from SAS to STATA, so I won't be much of a help, if you don't want to use a intermediary step, perhaps NotePad. Obviously there has to be an option or way to perform this. Good luck.