Identifying Relevant Data on Articles

I’ve just started studying Biostatistics and so far I’m on the unifactorial (“one-way) variance analysis (didn’t reach the ANOVA thing yet). I’m trying so hard to identify and associate the concepts I’ve learned on my textbook with a practical article reading, but all I get is more and more doubts… There are so many information on it, I get lost everytime, don’t know what to considerate. Any tips on that?

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Repeated exposure and get your hands dirty with actual or made up data (synthetic/simulations) whenever possible! It will all eventually click and then you will realized real-world data is much messier and complex than textbook examples :)

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Glad I could be of help. Are you in a program or self-studying? If in a program, is it focused on biostats or you just have to take a couple of stats courses to augment your track of study?

Feel free to ask question in this forum!

I’m studying Pharmaceutical Sciences and biostats is in my curriculum, but I’m not taking it officially yet. I’m curious and didn’t want to wait for it, cause I need to understand better the articles I read to do all that critical thinking stuff.