[Interview]: Get to know bugman!

bugman

Super Moderator
+1 to all these perfect movies. Which movies are your most disliked ones? Do you like action movies which are made for the sake of showing off action and technology? Your taste shows you like more complicated movies. But would be glad if you tell us more.
I generally dont like cheesey blockbusters and i really dont like Sandra Bullock. And yes I do like action movies like that. Oh, I forgot to say that I watched no country for old men again the other day. And I love that film. I also really liked these:

Sin City
Se7en
The Decendants
The Trial
Platoon
The Muppets
Cassablanca
Dr. Strangelove
The Bourne Series
And Brother where art thou?
Boy (a kiwi film)

I generally dont like cheesey blockbusters and i really dont like Sandra Bullock. And yes I do like action movies like that. Oh, I forgot to say that I watched no country for old men again the other day. And I love that film. I also really liked these:

Sin City
Se7en
The Decendants
The Trial
Platoon
The Muppets
Cassablanca
Dr. Strangelove
The Bourne Series
And Brother where art thou?
Boy (a kiwi film)
Oh man, such a similarity :) except one or two (Boy which I haven't seen, and Bourne series which I think is very good, but not my taste), all of these are my favorites too. I just watched sin city yesterday, and that was really, strangely, perfect. GLAD TO MEET YOU!

I haven't seen Muppets too, but guess its that children movie!! :) I guess you would love Ted too :)

bugman

Super Moderator
Ask away victorxstc! happy to talk to you.

1) I am early 30's
2) Married? Yes. My wife is a geneticist
3) wow. Ok.
Likes (in no order)

1 - Fishing
2 - Food, wine, good company
3 - Natural history
4 - Science
5 - photography
6 - Statistics, R, Linux
7 - Reading
8 - Cricket, Rugby
9 - Music and HIFI
10 - movies
11 - the written word. I love writing with my fountain pen on high quality paper.

dislikes (in no order - well sort of)

1-Poverty
2-pretencious people
3-Windows, XP, 7, all.
4-poor quality food when there is no need for it except laziness
5-Golf
6-Australian cricket team when they bowled the underarm to New Zealand in a One Day match
7-Violence
8- P-values of 0.05111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
9-Sandra Bullock
10-Raptors

5) - I'll come back to this one. It needs some thought. But good question!

good answers! lol :) thanks for the comprehensive answers, and the funny ones too :)

Each one of your answers brings so many further questions! For instance

Which materials do you like to read?
Which ones do you dislike?

Which music do you like?
Again which ones do you hate?
I think you might like The Cranberries. Is it true?
I don't want to sound repetitious, but could you again please rank the best bands/singers and the worst ones (any number you think appropriate, but the more the better)?

Don't you like drawing or sketching? as it has many similarities with that fancy writing thing you like :)

Lol for Windows XP!!! But you forgot to mention Vista first, since even Windows users and lovers hate it.

If you don't like violence, how you come to vote for bots?!

It is so interesting you dislike Sandra Bullock :) My ex looked like her, and she was my "ex"! So we might have something in common!

From my communications with journal editors or sometimes researchers around the world, I have come to understand that eastern people tend to compliment more. I agree that some few cases cannot be generalized to the populations, but was interested in asking this from some people from different worlds and cultures.

As a New Zealander, what is your idea about this? If someone uses many emotional complements in his/her words, how do you feel? Do you feel urged to reply in the same way? Or do you feel annoyed? Do you feel he/she might be dishonest? Don't you care at all? Or even don't you notice it?
Could you please also tell me a little about the same issue, but in your culture.

Do you play video games? Or used to play them? If so which games do you love most, and which ones do you hate most?

Why you hate Sandra Bullock?

bugman

Super Moderator
Do you play video games? Or used to play them? If so which games do you love most, and which ones do you hate most?

Why you hate Sandra Bullock?

She is the perfect example of an over paid medocre actor. Just so average. And I have never seen a movie I like starring her.

No, i don't really play video games. I waste enough time in the internet.

bugman

Super Moderator
good answers! lol :) thanks for the comprehensive answers, and the funny ones too :)

Each one of your answers brings so many further questions! For instance

Which music do you like?
Again which ones do you hate?
I think you might like The Cranberries. Is it true?
I don't want to sound repetitious, but could you again please rank the best bands/singers and the worst ones (any number you think appropriate, but the more the better)?

Don't you like drawing or sketching? as it has many similarities with that fancy writing thing you like :)

Lol for Windows XP!!! But you forgot to mention Vista first, since even Windows users and lovers hate it.

If you don't like violence, how you come to vote for bots?!

It is so interesting you dislike Sandra Bullock :) My ex looked like her, and she was my "ex"! So we might have something in common!

I dont really HATE any music. And sorry, I don't like the Cranberries.

I like most things, from calssical, to Metallica to Radiohead - Tv on the Radio is cool. I like good music and I try and see the good in most generas.

bugman

Super Moderator
From my communications with journal editors or sometimes researchers around the world, I have come to understand that eastern people tend to compliment more. I agree that some few cases cannot be generalized to the populations, but was interested in asking this from some people from different worlds and cultures.

As a New Zealander, what is your idea about this? If someone uses many emotional complements in his/her words, how do you feel? Do you feel urged to reply in the same way? Or do you feel annoyed? Do you feel he/she might be dishonest? Don't you care at all? Or even don't you notice it?
Could you please also tell me a little about the same issue, but in your culture.
I'm not sure if anyone culture compliments more or not. I was brought up in a polite family, so i like to give credit where its due. And I think complimenting people is a good thing as long as its not over done otherwise it looses its sincerity somehow.

bugman

Super Moderator
good answers! lol :)

I can do line drawings of botanical objects. Other wise Im a really bad drawer.
I read alot of journal articles and natural history books.

Thank you so much for your good answers. I'm glad I know you a little bit more :) Just wondered how many siblings do you have, and are they older than you or younger?

Would be thankful if I could see a pic of you :) Of course I would search for it in that sticky thread of the lounge, but many of those pics are deleted out of some system error and I don't remember seeing you there.

Also would be glad if you could attach some of your nature photographs :)

God bless you!

bugman

Super Moderator
Just wondered how many siblings do you have, and are they older than you or younger?

Would be thankful if I could see a pic of you :) Of course I would search for it in that sticky thread of the lounge, but many of those pics are deleted out of some system error and I don't remember seeing you there.

Also would be glad if you could attach some of your nature photographs :)

God bless you!
I have a younger sister who lives in England.

I haven't posted a photo yet, but once I get to it i'll put in the CL - I'll also arrange some nature shots.

Thank you Bugman :) we are looking forward to it then :)

Besides, this thread is seen by about 500 people. :tup: Do we have 500 TS contributors (with access to the lounge)? I thought they are about 100 or 200 at best, as I haven't seen many of them.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Thank you Bugman :) we are looking forward to it then :)

Besides, this thread is seen by about 500 people. :tup: Do we have 500 TS contributors (with access to the lounge)? I thought they are about 100 or 200 at best, as I haven't seen many of them.
This is in Random Chat. We definitely don't have 100 people with access to the contributor's lounge.

Bugman, I think you forgot to reply to my fifth question?

5. To which extent do you consider yourself successful? To which extent are you satisfied with your current position and successes? I mean generally, excluding the short-term fluctuations.