Looking for the appropriate stat test

I am attempting to do a meta-analysis to understand a treatment effect .
There are groups across many studies which have treatments A and B and a control group without any treatment. In other studies, there are groups with just treatment A and control groups. I am trying to understand what the effects are of treatment B, but I know that the groups are likely different.

Is this a case of random effects models, ANOVAs, or something else?


Well-Known Member
Hi Martin,

This is a mixed effect model. The treatment factor is the fixed effect, while the study factor is the random effect.
If you used studies that have only treatment A, your model will be an unbalanced model, then you will need to choose how to handle the "unbalanced" data (Type I, II, III)