McNemar's test in SPSS

I want to use McNemar's test to analyze the individual items in a 15-question multiple choice test. The test was given twice, as a pre-test and post-test, and so I would have a 2 x 2 contingency table -- the rows being the pre-test and the columns the post-test. The categories for each would be the number of people who got the question wrong and the number of people who got the question correct. Thus, I would see how many people got the question wrong both times, wrong the first time and correct the second time, etc.

I know how to set this up in SPSS for each individual question, but is there any way to do the analyses for all 15 questions at once? To be clear, I mean there would be 15 separate McNemars's tests, but is there a way to set it up so that all could be done at once?

Thank you.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
A workaround:
Currently, you have 30 columns (pre-test and post-test for each of the 15 variables).
You could use the "restructure data" function, so that all 15 pre-test data are in one column,
and all 15 post-test data are in a second column. You can then use "split file" with the
index variable created during the restructuring, and execute McNemar's test.

HTH

Karabiner

Last edited: