Model Fit in AMOS

I am working on two models, in one model independent variables are categorical, ordinal and dependent variable is scale. In another model dependent and independent both the variables are categorical, ordinal. I have run Calculate Estimate and then noted the results from Text output. Result of standard model fit measures like chi square, p-vaue, RMR, RMSEA, CGI, GFI, AGFI are within acceptable range.
Is it enough. Can I submit my work or I need to do something more?

spunky

Can't make spagetti
I am working on two models, in one model independent variables are categorical, ordinal and dependent variable is scale. In another model dependent and independent both the variables are categorical, ordinal. I have run Calculate Estimate and then noted the results from Text output. Result of standard model fit measures like chi square, p-vaue, RMR, RMSEA, CGI, GFI, AGFI are within acceptable range.
Is it enough. Can I submit my work or I need to do something more?
Are you using the appropriate corrections to handle this? Remember that AMOS is notorious for its lack of ability to handle non-continuous data.

@hlsmith AMOS is SPSS' version to do SEM. AMOS= Analysis of Moment Structures. Unfortunately it is quite behind from more modern software such as Mplus or the lavaan package in R.

Are you using the appropriate corrections to handle this? Remember that AMOS is notorious for its lack of ability to handle non-continuous data.

@hlsmith AMOS is SPSS' version to do SEM. AMOS= Analysis of Moment Structures. Unfortunately it is quite behind from more modern software such as Mplus or the lavaan package in R.
@spunky Thank you for responding.
Can you please tell the necessary corrections that need to be done.

spunky

Can't make spagetti
I don't use AMOS. To the best of my understanding, AMOS either does not handle robust corrections or it uses a different estimator that has not been explored or used before except by them. That's why you don't really see it used very often in the published literature for anything that is either categorical or non-normal.

I don't use AMOS. To the best of my understanding, AMOS either does not handle robust corrections or it uses a different estimator that has not been explored or used before except by them. That's why you don't really see it used very often in the published literature for anything that is either categorical or non-normal.
Okay. Thank you for your reply.

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.

Yeah I was skimming Shaddish, Cook, Campbell yesterday and saw that!