Moderators

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Well as long as we're doing our discussing in this thread ;)

Most people who have questions on something to do with JMP post it in the Other Software section. Now JMP technically falls under the SAS section but I think there's a large enough user base for SAS to not pollute it with JMP questions. Should the descriptions be changed to have JMP included in the Other software section?

By the way: I've been doing some thread title cleanup in the Other Software section. I hope nobody minds too much. Would it be alright if I make some sort of an announcement asking people to format their titles in a certain way? As long as we have one board devoted to many different stat packages I thought it would be nice to have some sort of format like:

[Programname] - Concise and Descriptive overview of problem.
ie
[Stata] - Can't figure out how to change font size

something like that. It's just tough to know what a thread contains when it just has "Plz help" as the title.

Just added JMP to the description of "Other software". I think descriptive titles is a great idea. You can make a sticky post recommending the format, and this will help Google to locate search keywords as well. :tup:

Well as long as we're doing our discussing in this thread ;)

Most people who have questions on something to do with JMP post it in the Other Software section. Now JMP technically falls under the SAS section but I think there's a large enough user base for SAS to not pollute it with JMP questions. Should the descriptions be changed to have JMP included in the Other software section?

By the way: I've been doing some thread title cleanup in the Other Software section. I hope nobody minds too much. Would it be alright if I make some sort of an announcement asking people to format their titles in a certain way? As long as we have one board devoted to many different stat packages I thought it would be nice to have some sort of format like:

[Programname] - Concise and Descriptive overview of problem.
ie
[Stata] - Can't figure out how to change font size

something like that. It's just tough to know what a thread contains when it just has "Plz help" as the title.