Not sure how to present data - 3D scatter?

To help aid the reader of my thesis I want to present some perceptual data in a graph or table format, but am unsure what approach to use as I want to include 3 variables.
- Viewing Distance
- Stimuli Size
- % Error.

% error increases with viewing distance, but decreases with stimuli size. I've never attempted to present data this way before so would very much be appreciative of any suggestions! I tried a 3D scatter plot in SigmaPlot but the data didn't really make sense to me - perhaps because I've never interpreted one - perhaps because it's not the correct presentation method.

Help a noob out :tup:

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Not that great at graphing. Is there one of these that is more important?

How about categorizing one, say compare stimuli size and % error with viewing distance broken into quintile groups, then plot the means for the other two variables for the quintile groups on a scatter graph. Or don't use the means and give each group its own shape on the scatter graph.

Not that great at graphing. Is there one of these that is more important?

How about categorizing one, say compare stimuli size and % error with viewing distance broken into quintile groups, then plot the means for the other two variables for the quintile groups on a scatter graph. Or don't use the means and give each group its own shape on the scatter graph.
Quintiles wouldn't work as the data are so skewed/scattered.

bump!