Ordinal IV and Ratio DV - Which Statistical Test?

Hi!

I am attempting to analyse my data, however I am having trouble working out what statistical test to use. Please could someone help me figure this out?

My IV is measured using a single Likert scale, i.e., a single question with the answer of either not at all, a little bit, or a lot. As I am not using the total of multiple Likert scales to produce my IV, I believe this data to be ordinal.

However, my dependent variable is the total of multiple Likert scales. I therefore believe this to be ratio data.

Does anyone know what the appropraite statistical analysis for this would be?

Thank you so much in advance!
Ellie

Karabiner

TS Contributor
My IV is measured using a single Likert scale, i.e., a single question with the answer of either not at all, a little bit, or a lot.
Ok, then it is not a Likert skale (a measurement instrument which consists of multiple Likert-type items which are summed up),
but just a single Likert-type item As you correctely observed, data from such such single Likert-items are
considered ordinal.

The other variable, measured by Likert scale, is interval scaled (not ratio, it does not have a natural zero point).
You can also treat it as rank variable and use Spearman rank correlation here.

With kind regards

Karabiner

Ok, then it is not a Likert skale (a measurement instrument which consists of multiple Likert-type items which are summed up),
but just a single Likert-type item As you correctely observed, data from such such single Likert-items are
considered ordinal.

The other variable, measured by Likert scale, is interval scaled (not ratio, it does not have a natural zero point).
You can also treat it as rank variable and use Spearman rank correlation here.

With kind regards

Karabiner
Thank you so much!