please help me

Hello,

I would likw to ask for the help with dummies in regression. As I have a hypothesis that education (dependent) has an impact on the independent variable, I have made five categories of education in the questionnaire. When I create dummies for education and put them to regression I have four variables and four Betas and levels of significance. But I need to see the impact of education on the independent variable as a whole. Could somebody please help me how to do it in SPSS?

vinux

Dark Knight
If your education categories are comparable then you can assign values like 10th class -1 , 12th - 2 , Graduation/Engineering - 4 , post grad -6 ..., etc ( giving the weights are depending on the situation). Or Combine the 5 categories into two classes. And if the it is not comparable deal with the 4 variables

vinux

Dark Knight
Dear , Run regression independently for 5 types of Education
Hi friend,
This sound bit funny. Here the dependent variable is education.and you miss the point. Read the thread again:rolleyes: "But I need to see the impact of education on the independent variable as a whole."

When one runs education ( 5 types ) independently on other variables, Education is DV.If rsq is high enough still impact is seen . But to assess impact of Education on others then Edu with 5 types will be 6 independent variables.Use backward method ot Entering variable.