Regression assignment - desperate need of help!

i need to find a study with a significant quadratic trend, and then recreate made up data so it has the same mean, mean squared, F, etc. is there a formula for this that i'm not aware of? it's been eating up a ton of my time and i'm spinning my wheels.

Last edited:
Quadradic data -- that is to say information that contains an x^2 component -- can be interpreted as part of a spectrum of measurements like so:
  • x^0 -> location
  • x^1 -> velocity
  • x^2 -> acceleration
  • x^3 -> jerk
So if you're looking for quadratic data sets, then search for studies of something that accelerates

Last edited:
Quadradic data -- that is to say information that contains an x^2 component -- can be interpreted as part of a spectrum of measurements like so:
  • x^0 -> location
  • x^1 -> velocity
  • x^2 -> acceleration
  • x^3 -> jerk
So if you're looking for quadratic data sets, then search for studies of something that accelerates
Here's a paper on marathon times with a fitted quadratic trend. Maybe something there you can use.
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0037407

Thank you both! I really appreciate that - I'm having a little bit of trouble with computing how to get the same F value, p value, mean squared, all of that, as the articles.. I've been reading up on how to do it all weekend :-/