Regression Interpertation

I am really stuck on this one and this is far as i got how would i interpret the results of my regression analysis,(attached) state the limitations of my analysis, and then describe the significance of the results to the organization as a whole. Please help me with this one ia am struggling

vinux

Dark Knight
Hi,
I am not able to open the attachment.
And
It will be easy for us if you tried to interpret in your way first.. we can help/correct you later

Regards
Vinu CT

Mean Joe

TS Contributor
I am really stuck on this one and this is far as i got how would i interpret the results of my regression analysis,(attached) state the limitations of my analysis, and then describe the significance of the results to the organization as a whole. Please help me with this one ia am struggling
I can only see the Appendix A (scatter of Wins and Batting Avg). So my comments will only apply to this appendix.

Interpretation: The equation for your linear regression (in the National League) is y=430.03x - 32.131, r^2 = .1008. The r^2 is low, so a straight line does not fit the data very well. But since the slope is positive (430.03), then there is an upward trend in wins as batting average increases; the model says that an increase of .001 in batting average will result in 430.03 * .001 = .43003 more wins (so an increase of .010 is projected to result in 4 more wins)

Limitations: Tough to say because you don't give us the background on this data. Is this only based on one year? Having more years would improve the model. The linear model doesn't make sense because y=430.03x - 32.131 means that if batting average = .000 then team will win -32.131 games, which obviously is nonsense.

Significance: It is not enough to just have a higher batting average to result in more wins. While there is an upward trend, there is still much deviation from the line (note the low r^2).

Dear, Only appendix 1 opens. Comments limited to that.
The scatter does not indicate a st. line.It is a upward trend but with cycles . Use Moving Average with Trend Cyclical component.