Time series analysis of causes of congestion

Hello,

I have tried to find a post on the forum which covers this topic so apologies if this question has already been answered.

I am wanting to do a time series analysis on the relationship of 2 sets of data. The first set of data consists of 10 different road performance variables (speed, time .etc). The second set of data consists of a range of variables which are know to influence road performance (rain intensity, economic indicators, employment rates etc). All data sets have 2 years worth of data, however some are recorded daily (all of the road performance variables are daily), while some are recorded monthly.

The outcome which I am after is to determine if there is a relationship between the change in any road performance (speed, volume) variables with the change in any of the influencing variables (rain, employment). Further to this I would like to know when was the relationship strongest?

My initial thought was to do a multiple regression analysis between each of the variables, however I believe this won't capture the time dimension of the this data.

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.