What does MVC mean?

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
In what context? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before but I can't recall what for. If you give some background that might bring something to the front of my mind.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Oooooohhhhhhh! I thought noetsi was asking about a stats concept or something! Yeah - m.v.c = "most valuable contributor"

trinker

ggplot2orBust
Quark is trying to start a division among the contributors. Most is mutually exclusive. There can only be one most. How can we all be most? It's like when you're 1st grade teacher told you you're special; just like everyone else. Who am I trying to kid he should change mine to LVP :)

noetsi

No cake for spunky
I think MCP (most confused poster) probably will be mine....

Most does not have to be mutually exclusive. It could be categorical, in which case many could be included, or lots of people could tie :)

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
This is a statistics forum so we should all be shooting for (unbiased) "Minimum Variance Contributor".

noetsi

No cake for spunky
This is a statistics forum so we should all be shooting for (unbiased) "Minimum Variance Contributor".
Well that depends. Economists, some of them, argue increased variance is useful because 1) it offers increased choice and 2) permits better evaluation of the choices taken. But then since I was an organizational theory researcher it is not hard to imagine what I think of economic analysis :) (for those that don't know researchers in organizational theory/behavior constantly take pot shots at economists for philisophical, methodological, and practical reasons. Economists just ignore org theory types).